President’s Day Getaway Journey Tips for Your SEA Airport Knowledge
Expanded several hours for SEA Spot Saver, new eats at N Concourse, Cellular Passport, and be mindful of development as you system in advance
Vacationers heading out for the mid-winter break of Presidents Day are reminded to strategy in advance for an simpler encounter by Seattle-Tacoma Worldwide Airport (SEA).
The airport expanded several hours for its no cost SEA Place Saver support, which will save treasured time in the TSA checkpoints, excellent for family members who want to acquire the anxiety out of protection screening. A absolutely free service from United States Customs and Border Security, Cell Passport Regulate, can velocity global travelers through arrival. What else is new? Take pleasure in new retail and dining alternatives now open up at N Concourse, and get ready for Upgrade SEA building on the skybridges, the curb, and in baggage declare.
These recommendations should really assistance any traveler, but people with early flights should consider the most care. Typically, much more than one particular-third of our day-to-day volume arrives at the airport right before 9:00 a.m. Travelers heading out right before 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. really should be prepared for incredibly chaotic problems at TSA protection and on the drives. Use these tips to skip the line.
Examine out the flySEA app for your hottest updates and be all set to vacation!
Skip the Line
Get via safety quickly! The totally free SEA Place Saver program expanded its morning and night hrs to pace you by TSA screening. Indication-up 72 hrs in advance on the web or at the terminal with a QR code next to the checkpoints.
- Likely to Mexico or one more global spot for your getaway? Down load the Mobile Passport Control app prior to you depart property. Add your vacation specifics as you land back at SEA. Collect your luggage and go straight to a focused line in the arrival hall. Your whole spouse and children can full the customs course of action from a single cell machine.
- Avoid the hassles of driving and parking with Audio Transit’s Hyperlink gentle rail. Airport parking will be a obstacle. Consider different modes of transportation to/from the airport like a taxi or journey share alternative.
- If driving and parking is your finest choice, the new automated parking guidance system updates your knowledge in the garage with easy-to-use lighting that signifies accessible stalls. Or Switch it up to Speed it Up! Stay away from the airport’s longest traffic lines by working with the arrivals/decreased level to drop off in the morning and departures/higher level to decide up in the night.
- Try Order SEA, a mobile ordering service that permits you to pick up foods on the way to your gate. Buy via the SEA Airport application.
Check out A little something New
- New eats are accessible at N Concourse — Nine new destinations opened not long ago and are prepared for you to uncover. Rookies include the 1st ever Costa Espresso retail place at a U.S. airport — a staple in the U.K.!
- The Central Terminal is carried out! Salty’s at the SEA and BrewTop Social and the new Amex Lounge entire this roomy modernization. Appear back again for more seating, dining selections, and the finest airport views.
We’re Upgrading SEA
- Improve SEA highlights extra than $4.6 billion in enhancements underway more than the next five-several years, here’s a blog for more information.
- Design for basic safety and accessibility improvements however means temporary closures together garage skybridges and the airport drives.
- A key new ticketing area renovation project has spillover impacts in the baggage claim space.
By The Numbers
This holiday getaway will be practically back again to normal. The forecast for the time period Thursday by Tuesday is passenger journey as a result of the protection checkpoints will be at 98% of 2019 stages (about 12 P.c more than previous 12 months) – some 308,000 travellers departing by way of the checkpoints or far more than 830,000 all round via the airport (departing, arriving, and connecting).
The busiest days are anticipated to be Friday prior to the vacation at 159,000 vacationers all round, followed by Tuesday at 152,000, and Thursday at 146,000. TSA security checkpoints are busiest at SEA from 5:00 – 10:00 a.m., 2:00 – 5:00 p.m., and 9:00 –11:00 p.m.
For 2022, SEA was just underneath 46 million passengers (45,964,321), 27.1 percent over 2021 and down 11.3 percent compared to 2019. Projections for 2023 is for traffic stages to be quick of 2019 concentrations by only 6 p.c for the year with pre-pandemic stages returning in 2024.Dig in a lot more on our Airport Statistics web page.
What’s the Most effective Assistance for Vacationers?
- Get here early! Based on your desires, you could require a lot more time. Make guaranteed you are at the airport at the very least two hrs in advance of your boarding time for a domestic flight and 3 hrs right before an international flight
- Be prepped with your airline ahead of time! Make certain you test their baggage policies, test in, and have all their apps downloaded for efficient vacation. See our best baggage recommendations!
- Safety Initially Stay away from Shoulder Parking — Vehicles are inspired to use the new reconfigured cellphone large amount and stay away from perilous parking together the shoulder of the airport drives. Violators will be cited as the Port of Seattle Law enforcement are performing with the Washington Condition Patrol for emphasis patrols in the course of the vacation.
Give me the Traveler Fundamentals
- The CDC advice for tourists alterations depending on your COVID-19 vaccination standing. Check with your airline for the condition or nation where by you plan to travel.
- Be prepared for security checkpoints. SEA and TSA want to support you go through as rapidly as feasible. Vacationers are needed to take out electronics more substantial than a cell mobile phone from carry-on baggage. Also, clear away food items and liquids from your carry-on baggage and prepare to hold up your boarding move for evaluate. You can also see the hottest Identification and Documentation Prerequisites.
- Require additional journey hacks? Our Buyer Care team has the ideal suggestions to navigate SEA like a regular flier.
- SEA carries on to increase new solutions to make travel far more obtainable and improve the travel experience over and above the Individuals with Disabilities Act needs. Look at out our SEA Social Story developed for travelers with sensory sensitivities such as autism, but also good overall recommendations for youngsters. Understand a lot more about accessibility at SEA. The interactive map on the flySEA App offers accessible route directions.
- Verify with the Town of SeaTac to see if there are any highway design assignments that may possibly hinder your entry to the airport.
Perry Cooper | Port of Seattle Senior Media Officer
(206) 787-4923 | [email protected]