Positioned at the southernmost end of New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is the funds of New Zealand. It has eateries, museums, cultural attractions and more to supply. We frequented below a although back again and invested a incredible few days checking out some of the sights. There are so substantially to see, so this is just a small listing of highlights.
Ever observed a minor patch of paradise? Effectively for me this was it. These kinds of a gorgeous seaside city and the wharf and beach front had been this kind of a pleasure to photograph. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but we beloved it right here and frequented numerous periods all through our remain. I wish we experienced stayed below as an alternative of Wellington Town alone.
Weta Cave Studio
We still left this to guide til the final moment as a end result we managed to safe tickets for the Weta Simple Studio tour in Miramar. There are other excursions, but I counsel you e book forward of time. The tour was interesting, with props, costumes and large products to admire. Photographs have been not authorized for most of the tour thanks to copyright restrictions, but we have been capable to acquire some pictures with the mobile phone at the conclude. It was this kind of a joy and a emphasize of our journey to Wellington
Suitable in the heart of Wellington, it’s a excellent spot for sunset. But beware it is normally complicated to get to a auto park and it is usually Pretty windy. They don’t get in touch with Wellington the Windy Town for no motive!
Stage Halswell Lighthouse
Unfortunately, it was gray, windy and fairly wet when we visited, but we even now experienced fun discovering this place. It’s a historic spot not too considerably from Wellington.
Museums, galleries and historic buildings
Of study course, displays will change from time to time, but there is constantly some thing to see and do, particularly if the temperature is not actively playing awesome. We managed to see the Chinese terracotta Warriors show, which was intriguing. Check out out Oriental Bay (a superior place for sunset), Old Parliament Home, the old St Pauls Cathedral (see the beautiful stained glass windows) and extra.
Sea to City Bridge
Wander the city, and verify out the Saturday Marketplaces buzzing with activity. Stroll the Sea to City bridge and see many other sights together the waterfront. End for a bite to eat. We definitely loved Gotham, a Batman-motivated cafe. Good food stuff and a fun environment.
Zealandia Eco Sanctuary
This wildlife eco sanctuary is right in the coronary heart of Wellington, with more than 40 exceptional wildlife species (if you can capture a glimpse), walking/jogging tracks, cafes and extra. A beautiful minimal location to stop by.
This was one particular of the biggest highlights of our journey to New Zealand, we continue to communicate about it. I wrote an whole article on it, so you can check that out right here.
- If you are heading someplace new, a very little little bit of investigation on the space is a wonderful plan. Even speaking to locals or somebody who has visited the place ahead of will enable. A very little little bit of regional understanding can go a lengthy way.
- When going on extended drives, make guaranteed you have loads of gas, treats and h2o. If probable let persons know wherever you are heading.
- If heading down the coast, be geared up for everything, from blue sky and sunshine to hefty sea mist Choose jackets, hats, sunscreen and rain ponchos — be geared up!
- Check out all digital camera gear is all set and packed the night in advance of, which includes batteries, SD playing cards and lenses. Absolutely nothing even worse than acquiring someplace and acquiring you left the battery on the counter or the SD card in the reader!
- What to choose? I invested most of my stop by with my 16-35mm wide angle on, but a zoom with a good vary like 28-200 (or 300) mm lens would be ideal.