AUSTIN, Texas – Each individual year, Austin-Bergstrom Worldwide Airport (AUS) braces for busier-than-standard weekends in Oct at the airport, as Austin hosts huge gatherings like Austin Town Boundaries (ACL) and Method 1 (F1) which attract hundreds of thousands of persons to the city. AUS expects this calendar year to be no various for the airport, with about 5% additional airline seats for sale when compared to very last year and new international locations and airlines that deliver enthusiastic visitors to a buzzing metropolis that grows in reputation each and every year. Forward of these gatherings, AUS is advising travellers to hope a occupied airport and prepare in advance if they are traveling out on any of the adhering to days:
- Sunday, October 8 Monday, Oct 9 and Tuesday, Oct 10 for ACL Weekend One
- Sunday, Oct 15 Monday, October 16 and Tuesday, October 17 for ACL Weekend Two
- Thursday, Oct 26 Friday, October 27 Sunday, October 29 and Monday, October 30 Tuesday, October 31 for Components Just one
Passengers coming and heading via AUS really should be informed that air journey requires a amount of techniques and techniques that a lot of people could overlook though preparing. To ensure every single traveler feels as organized as attainable in advance of their October trip, AUS is delivering a complete guide to use prior to coming to the airport.
Standard packing and TSA suggestions
- Travellers must discover what can and simply cannot be packed in their checked and have-on luggage. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screens all luggage, so travellers can get acquainted with the TSA’s packing suggestions to avoid delays for by themselves and fellow travellers.
Packing souvenirs and party products
- Bulky souvenirs, like posters and no cost giveaway merchandise, need to be packed in have-on baggage, not checked baggage. This is to enable protect against delays in the checked baggage stability screening system.
Parking and dropping off
- ABIA Parking at AUS offers parking selections in Financial system Lots and the Blue and Pink Garages, but places fill up quickly. Passengers can secure a location in advance or verify true-time parking availability prior to coming to the airport at ABIAParking.com.
- If you are receiving dropped off at the airport, request to be dropped off at the “Arrivals” region in its place of “Departures” if site visitors is backed up. At the time you’re dropped off at Arrivals, head up just one flooring to Departures to continue to the airline ticket counters and stability screening.
- All passengers making use of Normal TSA Screening should get there at the very least 2.5 several hours before departure for domestic flights and at least 3 several hours ahead of departure for international flights.
- Travelers utilizing TSA Pre-Verify and Crystal clear can be expecting a more rapidly TSA knowledge.
- Travelers need to have to price range in excess time to return a rental automobile or look at luggage. AUS expects a substantial volume of departing site visitors that will want to return rental automobiles and verify baggage on the Sundays – Tuesdays soon after just about every weekend of gatherings. Strains at the rental car or truck facility and the airline ticket counters ought to be predicted.
Examining in for your flight
- Airline ticket counters are staffed by airlines and open up at various instances. Tourists should really join instantly with their airline for ticket counter running several hours.
- Most airways supply cell boarding passes for passengers, which eliminates the need to have to get a printed boarding move at the airline ticketing counters right before protection.
- Opting for carry-on baggage only can assist you bypass the busy airline ticketing counters altogether and get you on your way speedier.
- In addition to traditional look at-in strategies, some airways offer outdoors curbside verify-in on the upper amount.
AUS For All: ADA accessibility expert services and plans
- Passengers needing wheelchair support should get in touch with their airline to coordinate this services.
- TSA provides a passenger help application, TSA Cares, for tourists who may want much more assist during the security screening course of action at AUS. Make contact with TSA 72 several hours prior to your excursion to set this up.
- Arriving passengers with mobility assistive units can be picked up by rideshares, taxis and Wheelchair Obtainable Automobiles (WAVs) at the Mobility Guidance Zone on the decreased Arrivals degree.
- Mobility Trams are available to transport travellers from the garages and terminal to the common public rideshare decide on-up area and Rental Automobile Facility.
- AUS’s Mobility Lounge is found by Checkpoint 2 East for departing travellers with mobility assistive units or mobility restrictions that need to have a place to relaxation or hold out in advance of their flight.
- AUS participates in the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Method travellers with non-visible disabilities can request a lanyard ahead of their vacation for extra assist and time while at AUS.
For arriving travellers
- Mobility Trams are obtainable to transportation travellers from the terminal to the rideshare pick-up space and Rental Motor vehicle Facility.
- ADA-compliant shuttles are out there for travellers from the terminal to the Financial state Plenty.
- AUS has a array of enjoyable and special ordeals in the terminal which include reside tunes, artwork galleries, dining establishments, retail outlets with Austin memorabilia and additional. Visit the AUS website or use the airport’s digital map to assistance you locate your enjoyable match even though at the airport.
Information and facts for Allegiant and Frontier tourists: Know your terminal
- Travellers flying Allegiant or Frontier will depart from The South Terminal, which is a individual terminal situated in close proximity to US 183 and Burleson Highway, at 10000 Logistics Lane and is not obtainable from the most important Barbara Jordan Terminal. Allegiant and Frontier passengers are encouraged to park onsite at the South Terminal to help save time.
- Journey With AUS airport advancement construction projects might be visible to travellers in the terminal. Visit AustinTexas.gov/AUSConstructionUpdates for a list of scheduled and active design functions.